Plovput is a commercial company with limited liability, 100% owned by the Republic of Croatia. Its basic activity, according to the Maritime Code and Plovput Split Act, is related to safety of navigation and comprises:
- Maintenance of maritime waterways in the internal sea waters and territorial sea of the Republic of Croatia;
- Implementation of aids to navigation on maritime waterways in the internal sea waters and territorial sea of the Republic of Croatia and guarantee of their correct functioning;
- Radio service on maritime waterways of the Republic of Croatia;
- Researches and designing necessary for carrying out of its basic activities;
- Removal of wrecks located outside the port area (in accordance with the decision of the Harbour Master Office).
On behalf of the Republic of Croatia,
Plovput is a member of the International Association of Lighthouse Authorities IALA.